Nobody wants belly fat also known as visceral fat. For many people, it is because the belly fat is not ideal for your look. It is not ideal for your health too in case you need extra motivation to get rid of the fat. Luckily, you can lose belly fat in less than four weeks. This is because when you change the diet and start exercising, a crucial part of losing the belly fat, you will experience a relatively larger weight loss in a couple of days.
Diet for Belly Reduction
1. Consume more lean protein – Lean protein, such as chicken, egg whites, fish, or red meat cuts with very little fat will help you reduce your belly fat faster. Your body will need more energy to digest protein, and it also helps build muscle. The fat will be burned in the process of building muscles. Your metabolism will be speeded up which will burn the fat exponentially.
2. Take low-fat dairy – Adding low-fat dairies such as low-fat cheese, the protein-rich Greek yogurt, and skim milk can fast track your belly reduction effort. This is because they reduce the hormone called calcitriol which increases the fat storage. Aim for 6 oz. of unsweetened products.
3. Eat whole grain – Start taking whole grain instead of processed grain. Eat apples, quinoa, bananas, oatmeal, flax and wild rice. Whole grains help in digestion, flushes the system and also helps with fat reduction.
4. Mind the fat – Start using mono-saturated fat if you want to lose belly fat. Go for the fat in olives and olive oil, nuts, flaxseed and avocados.
5. Eat right – You can keep your plate as full as it usually is if more than half of the meal is vegetables. Get fruits and vegetables in place of pasta, white bread, fatty meat and sugar. Shop weekly for whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins.
Exercise for Belly Reduction
- Choose high-intensity exercise – Vigorous exercise like running, road cycling, swimming laps, rowing and boot camp exercises will help you reduce your fat faster.
- Do strength training three times a week – Start with 4 lbs. free weights and slowly move to 7 pounds. Flex your core while doing the exercise. Do the bicep curls, pull-ups, push-ups, flys, triceps curls, and chest presses. Aim for at least eight exercises with three sets.
- Do cardio – Doing cardio for more than 20 minutes will see you start reducing the fat stores. Aim for 30 – 45 minutes five times every week.
You can lose our belly fat in a matter of weeks if you are disciplined in your exercise regime and diet plan. You cannot neglect either of the two. And just because you are on a diet doesn’t mean you have to starve yourself. Ensure you take at least 1500 calories per day if you are a woman and 1700 for men. Remember that sleep or lack of it, and stress can also affect your belly fat reducing program.